The Great Streets Initiative is a culmination of many years of planning and project development with the citizens of Burlington for our downtown. Through this Initiative, we'll advance several key projects envisioned by plans such as Imagine City Hall Park, planBTV Downtown and Waterfront Master Plan, and the Transportation Plan.
The Great Streets Team will:
- Create standards for the design and construction of downtown streets
- Develop a conceptual plan for Main Street (Union to Battery) and St. Paul Street (Main to Maple)
- Prepare plans for the reconstruction of Main St. from Church to Pine
- Advance plans for the reconstruction of City Hall Park
Join us on September 14 for a presentation to learn more about the Great Streets Initiative, and to review draft concepts for Main Street and the downtown street design standards.
Welcome & Introduction – 10 minutes
Presentation – 20 minutes
Breakout Sessions – 40 minutes
– Station A: Street Design Standards for Downtown
– Station B: Main Street Project
Questions & Next Steps – 20 minutes
Live recording of public presentation.
September 14, 2016